1963 - Station #22 opens at #12200 Coit Road. All fire fighting equipment was moved from Central Fire Station. This equipment was moved to a new station at Oakland and Junius and to #1 Station at Ross and Leonard. Thus for the first time since 1929, heavy equipment no longer responds from the headquarters station.
1970 - At 10:51 p.m. a fire was reported at 3916 Main Street in a one story old brick office building. A defective fluorescent lamp was to blame for the $122,000 loss. The building was owned by W. C. Stearman, Jr. and occupied by Howard Pollock.
1971 - At 6:01 a.m. DFD responded to 6410 Gaston Avenue to a 1 story old brick nightclub owned by Corrigan Properties and occupied by “The Corporation Club.” An adult committing arson for fraud and profit was to blame for the 4 alarm fire that resulted in $277,556 in damage. Also damaged or destroyed were Margie’s Dress Shop at 6420 Gaston, Shamrock Beauty Shop at 6406 Gaston, Lakewood Pet Shop at 6404 Gaston, and Oliver Scott Pawn Shop at 6402 Gaston.
1972 - At 4:15 a.m. a fire was reported at 906 S. Harwood in a 4 story old masonry warehouse owned and occupied by Pure Ice & Cold Storage Company. A defective electrical compressor was to blame for the $182,391 fire loss. The fire grew to 4 alarms and also damaged 2011 Taylor Street at Byrd’s Café. Later the same date another fire was reported at 1:21 p.m. at 8231 Preston Road in a 1 story old brick commercial building owned by Joe Li. Sotta and occupied by Alex Halleck’s Fried Chicken. The cause of the $142,799 fire could not be determined and damage was done to Preston Road Auto parts at 8225 Preston, Yearout T. V. Sales at 8223 Preston, Circle Equipment Company at 8221 Preston, and White Star laundry at 8219 Preston.
2007 - EMS Shift Duty Officer 782 was relocated from Station 23 to Fire Station 38.
1956 - A four alarm fire occurred at 3220 Parry Avenue and 3220 Ahs Lane. The building was owned by Willie Mae Tarver and occupied by Klimist Store Fixture Mfg. & W.R. Burford Construction Office. The cause of the fire was friction sparks in a sawdust hopper and the loss was $52,759.
1953 - Lieutenant E.V. Burress is killed in an accident while responding to an alarm from Station #15 when he is pinned under Engine 15 at Colorado Boulevard and Ballard Street when it overturned while en route to a trash fire. Captain Burress had 13 years of service.
1951 - A three alarm fire is reported at 4771 Scyene Road that causes $66,368 in loss. There were two buildings owned by W. C. Garner and occupied by Briggs Manufacturing & Material Company.
1974 - A fire was reported at 2:25 p.m. at 2927 Cedar Crest in a 1 story semi-new brick retail building owned by Milton Horton & Hilda Roosth and was vacant at the time of the fire. DFD responded with 2 alarms to extinguish the fire that was caused by an arsonist and resulted in $55,808 in damages. Also damaged during the fire were 2911 and 2821 Cedar Crest.
1948 - A one alarm fire was reported at 6365 McCommas in a dwelling that caused $12,937 in damage and was owned by William Roy Dalton.
1970 - A fire was fought at 7365 Fieldgate in a 2 story new brick dwelling at 6:32 a.m. The home was owned and occupied by E. R. Hinson and was caused by arson and resulted in a loss of $69,500.
1949 - A One alarm fire occurred at4309 Bryan in a building owned by Robert Tufaner and occupied by the D. & B. Café. Other occupants of this building suffering damage were: C.T. Beene Barber Shop at 4311 Bryan and Raymond A. Peterson Floor Covering Company at 4307 Bryan with a total loss of $13,016.
1952 - A two alarm fire is fought at 5105 Miller Court in a building owned by Frank Moffett. This residential fire was caused by a disconnected gas cook stove with the gas being left on and resulted in $15,556 in damage.
1966 - August 7 at 6:20 p.m. saw a fire reported at 2026 Abrams Road in a one story semi-new brick retail store owned by Skillern Drugs Associates and occupied by William H. Trice doing business as Trice Floor Covering Incorporated. Defective electrical wiring was to blame for the $66,200 fire that also damaged Fishburn Cleaners at 2016 Abrams; a beauty salon at 2018 Abrams; Connelly Cameras at 2020 Abrams; and Kirby Photo Lab at 2022 Abrams. The fire required three alarms to extinguish.
1966 - At 5:15 p.m. a fire was reported at 4515 Reiger in a 2 story old brick apartment building owned by Mr. and Mrs. Maynard H. Thompson. Spontaneous combustion was to blame for the 2 alarm fire that resulted in damages of $69,000.
1949 - A one alarm fire occurred at a home located at 9799 Lemon Avenue and owned and occupied by Frank Goldblatt. The loss was $10,654.
1975 - At 2:34 a.m. a fire was reported at 2325 Locust in a 2 story old brick church owned and occupied by Southern Crest Missionary Baptist Church. A juvenile committing arson was to blame for the $118,000 fire loss that required a 4 alarm response from the Dallas Fire Department.
1951 - A four alarm fire is fought at 4414 Ross Avenue in a apartment building owned by S. N. Cathey and furnished by E. King. The King Furniture Store on the first floor also suffered heavy loss and slight exposure occurred to two buildings at 4418 Ross. This fire caused $27,900 in damages.
1958 - At 2:09 a.m. a fire was reported at 1910-14 South Central Expressway, in a one story old metal building owned by the Blue Ribbon Oil Company doing business as Primrose Petroleum Company and the Continental Battery Manufacturing Company. The fire grew to five alarms and was caused by an electrical service conduit failure and resulted in losses of $268,175. Also damaged were buildings at 2112 Hickory, 1904-06 S. Central Expressway and 2106 Hickory all owned by the Blue Ribbon Oil Company.
1956 - A one alarm fire occurred at 1920-22-22 ½ Elm Street in a building by Henry Exall, Jr. estate and occupied by Peek Clothiers, Askins Clothiers and the Majestic Hotel. The cause of the fire was careless smoking and the loss was $37,626.
1975 - At 1:23 a.m. a fire was reported at 11239 Harry Hines Boulevard in a 1 story old metal warehouse owned by Anthony Industries doing business as Travis Pools. A chemical reaction was to blame for the $72,000 loss.
1989 - A 4 alarm fire occurred at 8112 Denton Drive in a shopping center that was caused by incendiary means and resulted in a $392,814 loss.
1947 - A two alarm fire was fought at 1003 St. Louis in an apartment building. The fire caused $11,956 in damage to this structure and 1001 and 1005 St. Louis along with 920, 922-22 Marion.
1975 - At 12:30 a.m. a fire was reported at 7927 Greenhollow in a 2 story semi-new brick dwelling owned and occupied by Robert A. Bolin. The2 alarm fire was caused by a short in wiring and resulted in a loss of $51,000.
1956 - A 3 alarm fire occurred at 2912 McKinney Avenue in a building owned by Mary Suzanne Cordsen Pace and occupied by Folk Fabrics. The cause was an Electric Service Conduit failure and cause $60,500 in damages.
1968 - A fire was extinguished in a 1 ½ story semi-new brick duplex owned by V. C. Minor and occupied by Hershel O. Wells. The 7:24 p.m. fire began when lightning struck a television antenna. The resulting fire also did damage to 9027 Boedecker and resulted in $57,000 in total damages.
1971 - A fire was reported at 5003 S. Lamar in a one story old brick storage building at 9:43 a.m. The building was occupied by Garland Foods and resulted in $65,000 in damage and was caused by careless smoking.
1983 - Five Alarm fire at the Dunfey Dallas Hotel, #3800 West Northwest Highway
1984 - A five alarm fire at 9:27 p.m. at #2812 Live Oak at the Quality Quilting Inc., due to incendiary cause and $695,000 worth of damage.
1948 - A one alarm fire was reported at 3409 Forest Avenue in a dwelling occupied by Dan Fletcher that caused $13,145 in damage. Later that day a two alarm fire was extinguished at 1920 Allen occupied by the Allen Street Pharmacy.Goldies, Ice Cream Parlor at 1918 Allen; Bob’s Record Shop at 2904 Cochran ; and the Unique Beauty Salon at 2904 Cochran were also damaged in the $12,378 fire.
1947 - Station #31 on Garland Road near Buckner and Station #29 on Abrams at Palo Pinto are both opened.
1948 - Station 27 at Northwest Highway and Douglas Street was completed and opened. An Engine and a Ladder Truck are assigned there. At the time this station was the most northern station in the city,
1949 - 3 alarm fire occurs at the Sargent-Welch Scientific Company, #5915 Peeler Street, due to the large amount of chemicals that were burning, the Jet-X Foam Appliance was used.
1946 - A two alarm fire occurred at 2105 N, Akard Street in a building owned by Harold S. Austin and occupied by the Lederle Laboratories Depot.
1975 - At 8:47 p.m. a fire was reported at 6015 Gaston Avenue in a 2 story old brick dwelling owned by Joe L. Bergin, Sr. and occupied by Joe L. Bergin, Jr. An adult committing arson was to blame for the fire that caused $64,4000 in damages.
1923 - Assistant Chief E.O. Jones dies in the line of duty from injuries he sustained at the Texas Wheel and Body Works Fire. The fire had occurred on June 30, 1923 and also claimed the life of Captain Bert Burris.
1973 - The careless use of a welder’s torch was to blame for $60,000 in damages during a 12:10 a.m. fire at 4126 Courtshire. The fire occurred in a 2 story semi-new brick dwelling owned and occupied by John J. Roark. At 8:18 p.m. later that same day DFD responded to 9314 W. Jefferson to a 2 story old frame office owned by the United States Government and occupied by the U. S. Naval Air Station. A defective fluorescent light was the cause of the $60,000 fire.
1980 - A five alarm fire was fought at 10:39 a.m. at #7867 Willow Hill at the Willow Creek Apartments.
1952 - A one alarm fire was reported at 10339 Denton Drive that was caused by defective wiring and did $22,000 in damages to a building owned by Roy C. Coffee and occupied by the Agricultural Chemical of Dallas.
1975 - At 3:44 a.m. a fire was reported at 7012 Orchid Lane in a 1 story semi-new brick dwelling owned and occupied by D. R. Cook. Defective wiring was to blame for the $151,200 fire loss. 6960 Orchid was also damaged during the fire.
1982 - 5 alarm fire at the Lavilla Roma Apartments, 3739 Higgins Avenue in Cockrell Hill.
1981 - 3 alarm fire occurs at #5924 Twin Coves that results in the death of Driver Engineers Charlie Rodgers and Ed Metters who were both riding on Truck 56.
1983 - Engine 32 investigates smoke at #7532 Hunnicut Road resulting in firefighters Jerry Wayne Morris and Rick Brewer being shot by a disturbed citizen. Both survive.
1953 - Fire Station #34 is opened at #8003 Lake June Road. Engine 34goes into service and the hook & ladder truck at Station 32 is moved to Station 34.
1969 - A three alarm fire was reported at 3:10 p.m. at 9784 Audubon in a 3 story new brick dwelling owned and occupied by Harlan Ray. Careless smoking was to blame for the $150,000 loss.
1969 - Lightning caused a fire at 4406 Ridgeside at 3:20 p.m. The fire was in a 2 story semi-new brick dwelling owned and occupied by Rose and L. J. Giesing, Jr. The fire loss was $63,840.
1984 - Five Alarm fire occurs at the Dallas County Administration Building (Texas School Book Depository) at #411 Elm Street.
1948 - A four alarm fire was reported at 3223 Canton at the National Biscuit Company that caused $120,000 in losses. Later that same date a one alarm fire caused $12,000 in damage to the Duecker Brothers Belting & Supply Company located at 4209-11 Parry Avenue. A five alarm fire occurs at #500 East 9th Street at the Goldman Bakery resulting in $200,000 damages.
2016 - A fire was reported at 5:10 a.m. at 11611 Dennis Road. Engine 30 arrived to find heavy fire showing from the south door and heavy smoke showing from the east door. Engine 30, 2, 35, Truck 43 and 20, Rescue 30, Battalion 7 and 9 responded. The fire was determined to have originated in a clothes dryer and Four members were transported to Parkland Hospital after becoming nauseous when a container holding granular chlorine was spilled during the event.
2016 - At 0700 hours Station 6 located at 2808 Harwood was decommissioned following 62 years of service. Engine 6 and Rescue 6 were relocated to a new Station #6 at 2301 Pennsylvania Avenue.
1948 - A three alarm fire occurred at the Richard Colgin Company at 901 W. Commerce that caused $219,00 in damages. This was the costliest fire in 1948.
1963 - Captain W.J. Jones and Second Driver J.H. Jones are killed when Truck 15 is involved in an accident at Zang Boulevard and Davis Street when it collides with a police car while en route to a false alarm. Captain Jones had 16 years of service and J. H. Jones had 8 years of service.
1951 - A three alarm fire was fought at 1505 Camp in a structure owned by Mrs. John Pickett and occupied by the S. & S. Wool & Fur Company. There was also an exposure to 1507 Camp in a structure owned by Mrs. Rebecca Rusenstein. This fire caused $12,400 in losses.
1971 - At 8:46 p.m. a fire was reported on Admiral Nimitz Circle in a 1 story old masonry exhibit building owned and occupied by the State Fair of Texas. Arson caused by juveniles was to blame for the four alarm fire that caused $175,000 in damage.
1971 - At 10:00 a.m. a ribbon cutting ceremony was held for Fire Station 39 at 2850 Ruidosa. The new fire station has two full and two half bays and a total of 12,000 square feet.
1991 - A 2 alarm fire occurred at 8282 Spring Valley in apartments that was caused by a child with a lighter and resulted in a loss of $315,000.
1952 - A five alarm fire was extinguished at 2601 South Lamar occupied by Farmers & Marchants Compress, Integrity Supply Company, and Southern Waste Mill that did $167,500 in damages.
1956 - A 2 alarm fire occurred at 10640 Lennox Lane in a dwelling owned and occupied by Henry Sazberger that was caused by lightening and caused $20,000 in damage.
2016 - Two multiple alarm fires were fought on this date. The first was at 9475 Forest Springs and was reported at 12:43 p.m. and Engine 57, 29, and 28, Truck 37 and 20, Battalion 4 and 2 responded. A second alarm was transmitted at 12:51 p.m. The fire occurred in Building 7 of an apartment complex. Later that same date another fire was reported at 5:12 p.m. at 5612 Walnut Spring that began in the garage of a large residential home. Engine 13, 7, and 10, Truck 10and 56, Battalion 2 and 4 responded. The second alarm was transmitted at 5:20 p.m. and was tapped out at 6:20 p.m.